Updates every other Sunday with new artwork and content from the working life of a freelance illustrator.

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Scotland photo collections

I can't recommend Scotland enough if you ever want to escape the city for a few days. It doesn't take long to feel like you could be absolutely anywhere but in the UK. There were moments where the highlands were channeling a very Scandanavian vibe. At times I could have been exploring New Zealand, Iceland or Canada, made even stranger by the fact that I hadn't been on a plane, that I was on the same old island.
Here are a few collections of particularly nice shots from over the week. I've also got a folder of reference shots of trees, fungi, water and ferns that I'm happy to share, just email me.
Day One: Highland Wildlife Park at Kingussie, Cairngorms

Day Two: Whalewatching at Gairloch, Highlands


Day Three: Rogie Falls near Inverness



Day Four: Climbing Morrone in the village of Braemar, Cairngorms



Day Five: Lin of Dee, just outside of Braemar



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Claire Spiller, a freelance illustrator, vis-dev artist & storyteller based in Bristol, UK. I love animals, wild places, plants, handmade things, and creating characters and stories. My work often blends nature and fantasy, science and mythology. I also do bits of sculpting and needle felt occasionally as a hobby, and sell prints, original art and bits of arty goodness in my Etsy store!
Powered by Blogger.