Updates every other Sunday with new artwork and content from the working life of a freelance illustrator.

Sunday 28 August 2016

Lord of the Deadwood - Finished!

Two posts in one day! I suppose that makes up for a couple of sleepy weeks, right?
This is just to show off the finished version of an old WIP I had lying around. As usual, as unsure as I am about the finished product I'm content with the fact that I learnt a lot through the process. And most of this was churned out in twenty four hours, which I feel was a huge achievement for me. I'm still picking up tips and tricks to do with light, colour and tone, none of which I was sat down and taught in school/college/university, so messing around with my own stuff and learning first hand seems to be the best route. 
Lord of the Deadwood, 12x12 inches, digital painting

I definitely learned that painting/drawing without lines is not for me. I think lineless painting looks gorgeous and I wish I could make it feel natural but it just isn't me. Still, you never know unless you try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Claire Spiller, a freelance illustrator, vis-dev artist & storyteller based in Bristol, UK. I love animals, wild places, plants, handmade things, and creating characters and stories. My work often blends nature and fantasy, science and mythology. I also do bits of sculpting and needle felt occasionally as a hobby, and sell prints, original art and bits of arty goodness in my Etsy store!
Powered by Blogger.