Updates every other Sunday with new artwork and content from the working life of a freelance illustrator.

Friday 29 July 2016

Scotland paintings

Sorry folks! Unfortunately I fell in love with Scotland too hard to get around to doing much art.
I DID manage to sit myself down by a river and on a hillside and have a go at a couple of watercolour paintings, but I mostly had the camera out shooting reference photos. So I'll be rummaging through them, grouping them and using them for inspiration in the future. 
We did quite a lot of forest trekking, hill climbing and wildlife watching, so I'll share all that in another post soon too.
View from Braemar Village, 5x3inches watercolour painting
View from Braemar Village, 5x3inches watercolour painting 

View from Morrone ascent, 5x3inches watercolour painting
View from Morrone ascent, 5x3inches watercolour painting



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Claire Spiller, a freelance illustrator, vis-dev artist & storyteller based in Bristol, UK. I love animals, wild places, plants, handmade things, and creating characters and stories. My work often blends nature and fantasy, science and mythology. I also do bits of sculpting and needle felt occasionally as a hobby, and sell prints, original art and bits of arty goodness in my Etsy store!
Powered by Blogger.