Updates every other Sunday with new artwork and content from the working life of a freelance illustrator.

Saturday 28 January 2017

Meet the Artist

I noticed the #meettheartist hashtag rolling around Twitter (remarkable, really, considering how little I use Twitter at the moment) and thought I'd give it a shot.

Self-portraits are something I've always struggled with. I think I read and watch and play so much character-driven stuff, and create so many characters for narrative projects, that I sometimes lose track of who I am. I used to find that concerning, but now I figure that it's a by product of the character creating process. I'm alright with that if it means I can make characters with all the depth and humanity that I'd otherwise be putting into myself.

Colour pencil & digital, 'Meet the Artist' infographic

I could have gone into so much detail with the specifics of animals, books, plants and documentaries that I like, but I wanted to keep it as brief of an overview as possible.

And, just to mention, I don't hate chimpanzees. Not really. I'm more scared of them than anything. Their near-humanness is terrifying. Saying that, I don't have a problem with gorillas or orangutans. It's just chimps... Urgh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Claire Spiller, a freelance illustrator, vis-dev artist & storyteller based in Bristol, UK. I love animals, wild places, plants, handmade things, and creating characters and stories. My work often blends nature and fantasy, science and mythology. I also do bits of sculpting and needle felt occasionally as a hobby, and sell prints, original art and bits of arty goodness in my Etsy store!
Powered by Blogger.